Dual Credit Courses

Earn College Credit in High School

A great way to get a head start on your college education is to take college courses while you’re still in high school. 

North Dakota’s dual-credit program allows students in grades 10 through 12 to take college courses and receive college credit, which also may be used to meet high school graduation requirements. Tuition, fees, books and other costs are the student’s responsibility.

Classes are taught by approved instructors, either face-to-face in the classroom, online or through the Interactive Video Network.

Once you’ve taken college courses from a University System campus, it’s simple to enroll as a full-time student because you already have paid your admission fee and have been accepted by that college or university. If you decide to attend a different University System campus, most general education college courses are transferable.

To enroll as a dual-credit student, you need permission from your high school administrator and, in most cases, a minimum GPA of 3.0.

Detailed information on the dual-credit program can be found on individual campus websites. You can download a dual-credit enrollment application form.